• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
N

Unholy confessions cover

Hello friends, this is my first post on this forum and also my first time recording a cover. I'm still very much a beginner and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
A
Also currently I just recorded this on my smartphone, I'd like to hear tips on better ways to record audio and video
Hi Nirmal! The best way to record audio & video covers is to track them separately. As @Ed mentioned you can track your guitar through your recording software, or you could also get a simple portable recorder if you are only interested in creating simple live cover videos. I recommend the brand ZOOM.

Then for video, you can use your phone or any digital camera you have available.
Start recording for both (audio & video), the most important thing though is you'll need to "slate"
meaning mute your strings and strum once, so you have a spike on your audio & camera audio so you can synchronize them in an editing software. (iMovie, WeVideo, anything you have available)
That way you can have good quality audio and video for your covers! :)

I'm gonna make a video about this topic in a few weeks, I'll remember to tag you so you can watch the whole process or if you want a more detailed explanation.

A
Also, good cover! Love your tone! My only feedback would be keep your fingers closer to the fretboard to avoid unwanted string noises.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Nirmal Asokan
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media