• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

I learned the rest of the solo ! (Guardians Of Asgaard)

I figured I’d make these a series of videos showing my progress.
I learned the whole solo.
Now it’s time to finesse it lol.
My string muting sucks.
I do NOT like this tone, but was trying to combat the awful shrill string buzz from my high E until I can get it fixed.
Oh, and I need to certain parts up to speed.

Maybe in a week or two It’ll actually sound pretty 😂

But I’m happy with the progress I’ve made. I’ve never learned an entire solo before....hell, I don’t even really do solos. So this was fun and different from the normal rhythm stuff I learn.
J
GIRL I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! You have natural movement for guitarists! Great fucking work! It's all down hill from here! 🤘🤘🤘🎸🎸🎸

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
GIRL I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! You have natural movement for guitarists! Great fucking work! It's all down hill from here! 🤘🤘🤘🎸🎸🎸
Thank you jak ! I honestly was scared to post it because it’s not perfect and it honestly sounds like crap. But I was exited I learned the whole thing 😄
Lots to work out but at least I think I have the foundation for it now. I also utilized some more alternate picking like you suggested in the first half I posted. It definitely helped with the little run at the end but I gotta get that a wee bit faster still 👍🏻
thank you so much for your support and always encouraging me ! ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu
All your notes came out pretty clear. I dont think its as bad as you think it is. I bet by next week you'll be feeling every part of the solo. I dont know the song (i think.. lol) but I liked the sound of the solo so gotta give you kudos there. Theres lots of melody going on. Will have to check out the song.

Thank you jak ! I honestly was scared to post it because it’s not perfect and it honestly sounds like crap. But I was exited I learned the whole thing 😄
Lots to work out but at least I think I have the foundation for it now. I also utilized some more alternate picking like you suggested in the first half I posted. It definitely helped with the little run at the end but I gotta get that a wee bit faster still 👍🏻
thank you so much for your support and always encouraging me ! Was
All your notes came out pretty clear. I dont think its as bad as you think it is. I bet by next week you'll be feeling every part of the solo. I dont know the song (i think.. lol) but I liked the sound of the solo so gotta give you kudos there. Theres lots of melody going on. Will have to check out the song.
its an awesome song, but I know Amon Amarth isn’t everyone’s cup of tea lol. Most of their songs are very melodic though. The solo comes in at 3:20 on this song if ya wanna listen and don’t like the rest of the song 🤣

Reactions: Calvin Phillips
Id have to listen to the entire song. Much like how I listen to albums (through and through) I have to hear the entire song in its entirety. I can't shuffle play my music lol

Cool! Just one thing, that bend in the beginning sounds a little weird to me, like it's not entirely in the right key 😅

Cool! Just one thing, that bend in the beginning sounds a little weird to me, like it's not entirely in the right key 😅
Yeah it definitely sounds like shit. I don’t think I’m bending it enough. There are 9-42’s on this guitar (I’m used to 12’s)

Wait....or I might be trying to bend it too much. I just looked at the tabs again and it’s a 1/2 note bend🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: idssdi

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media