• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

Anastasia intro

Been working on this for about 4 days now. Playing slow as to not fuck up (still did though, but I talk about that and ask for tips)
And for shits and giggled I did attempt to play it as fast as I possible could at the end 😂
Unless you're Michael Romeo
If you watch this video, I was doing wider stretches than Romeo (I'm the one on the far right of the video, with the red guitar and the painted-on white pants), including Alicia's 12 to 17 stretch, and doing it pretty quick.

But this was in 1996 when I was 25. Now, at 50, that stretch is harder. :)

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Great work on this so far! 👌 A weird trick I use with stretches (and awkward hand positions in general) is to make the stretch, hold both notes down as hard as you can - like really over exaggerate, pretend you're the hulk - and count 10 mississipis. Repeat this 4 or 5 times and your hand should snap into the shape or stretch quicker 😊 Only other advice would be to slow it right down and see if you can completely alternate pick everything - I noticed with your string skip you double down picked (I think). So if you get used to alternate picking at a slower speed, it'll be much more comfortable to play when faster 🤟

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
If you watch this video, I was doing wider stretches than Romeo (I'm the one on the far right of the video, with the red guitar and the painted-on white pants), including Alicia's 12 to 17 stretch, and doing it pretty quick.

But this was in 1996 when I was 25. Now, at 50, that stretch is harder. :)

Oh my godddd ! Ed !!!!!!! I don’t think I’ve seen this video before, I’ve seen some of your others ! This is so fucking cool !!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith
Great work on this so far! 👌 A weird trick I use with stretches (and awkward hand positions in general) is to make the stretch, hold both notes down as hard as you can - like really over exaggerate, pretend you're the hulk - and count 10 mississipis. Repeat this 4 or 5 times and your hand should snap into the shape or stretch quicker 😊 Only other advice would be to slow it right down and see if you can completely alternate pick everything - I noticed with your string skip you double down picked (I think). So if you get used to alternate picking at a slower speed, it'll be much more comfortable to play when faster 🤟
Thanks Chris ! I’ll try that out along with Ed’s warm up hand stretch’s ! And I may have double down picked at one point, not 100% sure. I’ve been alternate picking but I know sometimes I think I’ll subconsciously down two do two down picks in some spots. I’ll be mindful of that ! Thank you so much for your advice ! It’s very much appreciated ! 😊

• Love
Reactions: Chris Johnston
Thanks Chris ! I’ll try that out along with Ed’s warm up hand stretch’s ! And I may have double down picked at one point, not 100% sure. I’ve been alternate picking but I know sometimes I think I’ll subconsciously down two do two down picks in some spots. I’ll be mindful of that ! Thank you so much for your advice ! It’s very much appreciated ! 😊

No problem at all! It's funny, sometimes your hand can have a complete mind of it's own and go with what's more comfy at the time haha. You'll notice it more the slower you practice it, but you'll have it nailed in no time :D Good luck!

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media