• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
chris_is_cool

Practicing Metallica - Enter Sandman 🤘

So I've finally decided to practice standing up using a strap. :D This is also my first video with my new Solar E1.6FBB, had this guitar for two weeks now and I love it sooo much already. It is quite heavy (like 4.5 kg), so practicing for one hour standing up feels a bit hard on the neck and back, haha.

Anyway, Enter Sandman rythm with backing track :D.
Dude ! Amazing work !!!! Standing up and playing is harder than people think it is especially at first ! Your rhythm was solid !
I saw you making some faces on a few spots so I’m going to assume you already know a few things to work on to make even better !
There are lots of palm mutes in this song and I saw a few times you didn’t mute and that slide in the beginning of the intro riff wasn’t quite as clear as it could be (I have problems playing that slide too and getting it to ring out)

Keep kicking ass dude ! You’ve come so far in such a short amount of time ! I love seeing your progress videos !!!!
And I freaking love the guitar man !!!

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool
Dude ! Amazing work !!!! Standing up and playing is harder than people think it is especially at first ! Your rhythm was solid !
I saw you making some faces on a few spots so I’m going to assume you already know a few things to work on to make even better !
There are lots of palm mutes in this song and I saw a few times you didn’t mute and that slide in the beginning of the intro riff wasn’t quite as clear as it could be (I have problems playing that slide too and getting it to ring out)

Keep kicking ass dude ! You’ve come so far in such a short amount of time ! I love seeing your progress videos !!!!
And I freaking love the guitar man !!!
Thank you so much!! I love sharing my progress with this community, and I always appreciate the feedback.

You are right, I had some slipups in the mutes and slides. When I was practicing this song earlier this week sitting down and thinking about recording, I thought I had my slides and palm mutes pretty well under control. Today I was feeling brave and thought it would be a great time to start practicing while standing, who knew that the different angles of the fretting hand and even the picking hand have so much effect.:eek: So it was definitely a good idea and I need to continue practicing both standing and sitting.

Thanks so much for the feedback, I always love your videos and progress as well, and your thoughts about playing and learning in general!!!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
chris_is_cool
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings