• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Anthony Peña

The Stage - Second Solo

My technique and feel have improved *immensely* from working on this song.
Hey everyone! It's definitely been a hot minute since I've posted on here. With 7 college courses, a part-time job, and juggling practicing guitar and spending quality time with my close ones, life is pretty fucking hectic!

Anyways, this is one of my absolute favorite solos of all time. Pure emotion in every phrase, every note. I've spent many, MANY, hours working on this, and I dare say that it shows. My technique and feel have improved drastically, and I am super glad I spent the time that I did on it. Bill Hudson, our masterclass instructor and my private instructor, taught me this solo, and I put in the work to get it as clean as possible. I didn't think I was ready for this level of playing. I told Bill that I sucked donkey balls at bending, so he said "Well, let's pick a solo that's full of bends!" I thought he was crazy, but after he showed me some helpful tips, bending is a more fluent tool in my belt.

I know that to you guys this might just seem like another post of someone playing a solo, but for me this took work. I was awful at bends, and I was very tense when playing. Just take a look at my first post here on the school compared to this one! I truly believe that this has been a turning point for me. I'm no longer afraid to dig into songs that I feel I can't yet play. I am excited to learn more. Anyways, enough rambling.

Hope you enjoy!!

• Love
Reactions: William B.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Anthony Peña
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating