• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

Synner Sunday Riff - on a tuesday night

Gotta play when it feels right! Came up with this riff today, though not sure if it's accidentally copied from something else. Can't pin point it though.
Rather simple but a lot of fun. Do you think I should keep working on it and maybe turn this into a full song at some point?
YO, this is awesome ! I'll admit the first like 5-6 seconds sounded like something (cant pinpoint it) but I don't think its note for note. When I heard it my mind went to like a buildup to the breakdown of a numetal song....hmmm... I could be wrong.

either way, this is dope af and you should definitely keep it and use it for a whole song !

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Thank you guys!

@Alicia Willis right? For me it was more the open riff that I wasn't sure if it's actually original. Somehow my mind thinks a combination of "My Own Summer" by Deftones and Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls. lol But it's still not quite that. Definetly got a Nu Metal feel to it

That sounds pretty cool. 😁 (y) You should definitely make something out of this.

Honestly, my first association was Metallica - Fight Fire With Fire, in particular the rhythm in the "B section" of the riff (for example at 0:14). But its just a small similarity that reminded me of it, it's not identical or anything.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
That sounds pretty cool. 😁 (y) You should definitely make something out of this.

Honestly, my first association was Metallica - Fight Fire With Fire, in particular the rhythm in the "B section" of the riff (for example at 0:14). But its just a small similarity that reminded me of it, it's not identical or anything.
Well not too worried about accidentally copying this... one of the few 'Tallica songs I can't stand :money-face:

• Wow
Reactions: chris_is_cool

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings