• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
C

thesunsetsonyou

4th song to appear on what is entitled Centzless. Refer to the comments for explanation.
This song came from the early chords lesson. Emajor, Eminor. I put the chords together and made up a melody to go over top going from one scale to the other.

The actual recording electric guitars is the original recording I did. I think I remember how I played the solos, but I couldn't tell you because it was 100% improvised. But that guitar was one that was stolen, and I figured it was best not to mess with the mix I had. What I DID do was add to the mix. There is a 12 string guitar playing the riff down the center. The drums slowly build up. And the vocals really add to the elemtn of the song. The 12 string sound really added to the song IMO.

Verse is like I said Emajor to Eminor. The chorus is A minor to E minor. And the bridge is C major to Gmajor. I think I am doing a E major run in the bridge, but there is definitely some Cmajor in there, which is why the improved worked so well at the time. I didn't put that connection together until later.

This is one of the first strum songs you hear on this song that came from the lessons on the site. I also really started to hear the blues effects in my songs as I went further into the lessons, and simplified my writing.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media