• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
T

Trying Avenged Sevenfold "Higher" Acoustically

• TheRedMageGuitarist
Hi everyone! I have been so inspired by all of the amazing comments that I've gotten lately. On the other guitar school I'm on, I've learned a lot about strumming, keeping the rhythm and feeling it in your body. Since so many Synners encouraged me to try to focus on rhythm or songwriting, I decided to do this with my singer since she loves it so much.
What I did, is that I tried to utilize the rest of the neck by using inverted chords, the capo, and other CAGED positions. I know that there's a part that I haven't learned yet in the verse, but I tried to do the base chords of it. I chose to capo it as in the intro I have a very open string use where I arpeggiate the chords.
Please be gentle with Holly's voice. She took about 6 months off of singing because of personal grievances. I'm super proud of her. And this was so unbelievably fun to do!
This is so sick Jak, I’ve never even thought about what “Higher” would sound like acoustically haha Had a blast listening to this and I think you both sound great here! 👏👏

• Love
Reactions: TheRedMageGuitarist
T
This is so sick Jak, I’ve never even thought about what “Higher” would sound like acoustically haha Had a blast listening to this and I think you both sound great here! 👏👏
Aww that really means so much to me Jamie!!

Ooh loved your acoustic take on this song 😻💖 also imo Higher is a pretty hard song to do on vocals so props to Holly for singing this beautifully 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Love
T
I know you want feedback but I’m just stoked to see and Holly having fun together again! 🤘🏻
Can I come and play the tambourine next time ya jam ? 😁
Something tells me you'd be great at the tambourine. Or the spoons. Or the maracas :ROFLMAO:

T
Ooh loved your acoustic take on this song 😻💖 also imo Higher is a pretty hard song to do on vocals so props to Holly for singing this beautifully 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Thank you so much my dear friend! I really appreciate the wonderful comment! :D

• Love
Reactions: Batbia
Think using caged chords is a great compromise on rhythm and lead. Your fingers still get that workout. I also like that you picked the acoustic over the electric so you're.not just chugging power chords.

• Love

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
TheRedMageGuitarist
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings