• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
D

The Stage - Avenged Sevenfold Guitar Cover

Instagram - @dfainkichen

Here's my full cover of The Stage by Avenged Sevenfold. This is absolutely one of my favorites by them, and it was so much fun to record! I hope you all enjoy it.

This video was my first attempt at recording, mixing, and filming in this way. I'm proud of how it turned out, but I'm very eager to learn more proper technique and such over time. To any of you who watch or comment, if you have knowledge on this process, please let me know how I did and how I can do better! Always looking to improve.

Backing track:
Drums - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWjhT...
Vocals - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roKc2...
Bass** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0iM...

**(This backing track had some of the rhythm guitar parts still embedded in it. I used an app call "transcribe+" on an iPhone, which separated all of the instruments and let me isolate the bass track).
T
So I'm going to use your video to learn that damned tapping part because I can only play about 50% of it and then the rest, I swear to God Syn's playing notes that don't exist :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This was beautiful. And the second solo of this song is my favorite solo ever. Period. And you did it well! I think you've accomplished so much with this, but the next step would be to play it standing up, no fret wrap, and in front of people live like he does :)

Reactions: David Fainkichen
So I'm going to use your video to learn that damned tapping part because I can only play about 50% of it and then the rest, I swear to God Syn's playing notes that don't exist :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This was beautiful. And the second solo of this song is my favorite solo ever. Period. And you did it well! I think you've accomplished so much with this, but the next step would be to play it standing up, no fret wrap, and in front of people live like he does :)
Thanks so much haha! Syn maybe we can play it live together one day 😎. good luck on the tapping bit! It takes a while but you can totally do it!

Also let me know if you need any help getting the intro down! I’m happy to sit down and try to teach it

Reactions: Ed Seith

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
David Fainkichen
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media