• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Aightball

Chord and Strumming Practice

Trying to change chords while strumming without stopping. CC welcome!
I thing something you might like to try is just switching between two chords, that will help with your memory and how fluid your changes will be. A couple of good ones for this are:

* A minor to C
* E minor to A minor
* E major to A minor
* E minor to A major
* E major to A major (Brown Eye Girl)

When you you feel comfortable with those, then you can try:

* G major to D major (the trick to that one is keeping your finger on the B string so you can use it like an anchor).
* G major to C major
* D major to C major
* D major to A minor

Then you can try putting three together:
* G major to D major to C major
* G major to D major to A minor

If you do the two three chord changes above.. you basically have Knocking on Heavens Door... :)

• Love
Reactions: Aightball
I thing something you might like to try is just switching between two chords, that will help with your memory and how fluid your changes will be. A couple of good ones for this are:

* A minor to C
* E minor to A minor
* E major to A minor
* E minor to A major
* E major to A major (Brown Eye Girl)

When you you feel comfortable with those, then you can try:

* G major to D major (the trick to that one is keeping your finger on the B string so you can use it like an anchor).
* G major to C major
* D major to C major
* D major to A minor

Then you can try putting three together:
* G major to D major to C major
* G major to D major to A minor

If you do the two three chord changes above.. you basically have Knocking on Heavens Door... :)
Thank you for this great suggestion! So sorry I didn't reply sooner...I didn't realize you had commented :(. I will try this when I practice again!

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Aightball
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings