• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
chris_is_cool

GNR - Knocking On Heavens Door - First Solo Play Along

This solo is so cool, and a lot of fun to play, I need to learn the second solo as well :)
Well done! I do have one thing tho, try to add some vibrato to the notes you rest on. That gives it some extra flavour and adds a lot of character to it, don't be afraid to dig in a little bit.

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool
Great tone for this, and nicely played. As Ids said, vibrato. This solo is ALL about the feel, and you have GOT to feel it. Also, not sure you're aware you're doing it, but most of these bent notes are NOT picked again at the top of the bend, but you're picking them there. If it's your personal/artistic choice, that's awesome, but if not, it's something to be aware of and catch.

• Love
Great tone for this, and nicely played. As Ids said, vibrato. This solo is ALL about the feel, and you have GOT to feel it. Also, not sure you're aware you're doing it, but most of these bent notes are NOT picked again at the top of the bend, but you're picking them there. If it's your personal/artistic choice, that's awesome, but if not, it's something to be aware of and catch.
Hmm yeah, I think that might be a habit I'm forming, thanks for catching that. I will have to pay attention to that. Also thank you both for mentioning the vibrato, that is indeed a habit I NEED to form 😅 .

Reactions: idssdi
Hmm yeah, I think that might be a habit I'm forming, thanks for catching that. I will have to pay attention to that. Also thank you both for mentioning the vibrato, that is indeed a habit I NEED to form 😅 .
Every note you sit on should have SOME kind of vibrato on it unless you specifically make a conscious effort to NOT have it. Some element of vibrato (from subtle to Zakk) should be a part of every note you sit on, by default. It's a stellar habit to get into.

Every note you sit on should have SOME kind of vibrato on it unless you specifically make a conscious effort to NOT have it. Some element of vibrato (from subtle to Zakk) should be a part of every note you sit on, by default. It's a stellar habit to get into.
Guess I will have to keep that in mind in every practice session from now on and actively incorporate it until it becomes automatic. Thanks again (y)

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
chris_is_cool
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings