• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

Guardians Of Asgaard-Amon Amarth (first half of the solo)

This is the first time I’ve learned something solely from tabs. 😬
I’m alternate picking the last part and I think it’s supposed to be a continuous hammer on/pull off thing....but these strings are thick and I can’t get that just yet so the alternate picking works for now.
Also I think the bend is a bit short.

Also, I’m in C standard. This song is played in Drop A
J
I can see you're feeling it, and your vibrato is starting to really shine! I think it's a good time to start incorporating alternate picking, as you'll really want to use it on this solo. Great fucking work! I can't wait to see this further along!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
What Jak said! It sounded really good already, but get used to alternate picking as soon as possible, it will make your life a lot easier in more complex stuff. Also, this sounded good as I said, but I got into the habit of listening and watching somebody play what I want to learn while also using tabs. Because when I started I used tabs only and it resulted in me learning stuff in a really weird timing and I could not get the feel of it.

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media