• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

Hail to the King -rhythm (Synyster Gates School)

My first attempt at any A7X šŸ˜¦
Not perfect. Issues with staying in tune. Captain Ed and Papa G came to the rescue and my takeaway was....tremolo bridges can be assholes šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m not happy with my tone here. I typically like to play on the Blackstar tube amp with my tube screamer pedal (thatā€™s what I used in my enter sandman video and I love that tone) but Iā€™m playing on the Boss Katana this time....Iā€™ve gotta find the settings I prefer, which is honestly a bit overwhelming as you can do so much with it! I just have to figure it out ! Haha.

Also, if you look up ā€œresting bitch faceā€ you will see my photo šŸ˜œ
I swear Iā€™m actually having fun here even if it doesnā€™t look like it !

Reactions: Calvin Phillips
I love your playing!
Also your tone is fine. Which Katana are you using? I found it pretty easy to get a good metal tone out of it. I use a lot of gain on the brown channel, treble and presence raised, mids lowered a little and then maybe a compressor or a boost, maybe slight reverb. :)

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
I love your playing!
Also your tone is fine. Which Katana are you using? I found it pretty easy to get a good metal tone out of it. I use a lot of gain on the brown channel, treble and presence raised, mids lowered a little and then maybe a compressor or a boost, maybe slight reverb. :)
I have the 100 MkII
Iā€™ve not really played around with the software for it much to really get what I want out of it.

Reactions: Dominik GrƤber
I have the 100 MkII
Iā€™ve not really played around with the software for it much to really get what I want out of it.
Awesome, I got the Same one. Honestly all the Things I said can be Set without the Software, only If it gets too noisy you might want to activate the noise Gate in the Software.
Also, the "Variation" Button gives you an even more aggressive Sound. :)

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media