• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
TheTroller

Here we go again with the Afterlife solo... But I corrected the buzz occuring during the transitions between the sweeps

I also made sure to try and fix any muting issues. From listening to the isolated guitar track of the solo, my interpretation of it is that the ascending sweeps (when I go back down, vertically) are faster than the descending sweeps, which is why I sweep faster when ascending. It's also extremely difficult to time the arpeggios into the sweep, which is why I only played two arpeggios instead of three before the first sweep (I can't spend all day trying to get the perfect take). I also cut out the economy picking section towards the end, because the amp started bugging out. Maybe I can use this as a standard for comparison when I try the solo again later.
Nice! Couple of things really you seem to not now exactly where you're going in the first bit. Try to make sure you really know where the notes you're going for are. Secondly, the bend there sounds flat, try to hit the note you're targeting and then bend up to that note as bending practice and adding to that you can dig in a little bit more for your vibrato, right now it almost sounds as if it isn't there. Lastly, your sweeps sound rushed, slow it down with a metronome and take it 1 BPM at a time. You'll get there but these are some things I noticed

Reactions: TheTroller
Nice! Couple of things really you seem to not now exactly where you're going in the first bit. Try to make sure you really know where the notes you're going for are. Secondly, the bend there sounds flat, try to hit the note you're targeting and then bend up to that note as bending practice and adding to that you can dig in a little bit more for your vibrato, right now it almost sounds as if it isn't there. Lastly, your sweeps sound rushed, slow it down with a metronome and take it 1 BPM at a time. You'll get there but these are some things I noticed
I uploaded the video aware that I somewhat blundered the sliding lick (5-6-13), which I generally play correctly at an eighty or so percent ratio. I've definitely noticed my tendency to play the sweeping section too fast, and I've tried to work on slowing it down recently. I'll continue working on it. Thank you for the feedback

Reactions: idssdi

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
TheTroller
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media