• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Matt Wildcat

SM64 Castle Walls Theme II (Synner Saturdays)

Getting in nice and early for Synner Saturday!! I've chosen to go back and improve on one of my favourite pieces today, this time with a metronome (Started from 110 and got to 135bpm by time of recording) and also standing up! Lots I needed to add/improve on, so here's a summary:

-Muting strings with right hand + general hand placement has improved
-Using the tip of my fingers, not the padded part. Still need some work on this though as it's easy to slip up.
-Playing in time with a metronome. Still needs work as I couldn't really hear, but it's getting better!
-Bends are getting better, as is vibrato (still touch and go tho)
-Adding a little bit of flair
-Added in a whole small section I missed originally

Gotta work on stretching and moving positions, knowing exactly where my fingers need to fall, and not getting patterns mixed up.

As it's a 10 min vid, the performance parts are at 0:30 and also 7:05! The rest is analysis. If you want tabs, DM me and I'll write them out! Enjoy!
That's really nice, sweeps too. Sounds really good, on the sweep maybe it's more economic to hit the high E with and upstroke and continue the pattern. It's just something minor, cool song too, sounds familiar

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
Good job!! You already know what you need to work on, which is great. But let me tell you, your first playthrough at the beginning was damn awesome already! Just take it slow and keep at it! Also loved your vibrato

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
That's really nice, sweeps too. Sounds really good, on the sweep maybe it's more economic to hit the high E with and upstroke and continue the pattern. It's just something minor, cool song too, sounds familiar
Thank you! Sweeps are slowly getting there, at last! I'll give that a try, had to work it out by myself so probs some small improvements to make! :cool:

Good job!! You already know what you need to work on, which is great. But let me tell you, your first playthrough at the beginning was damn awesome already! Just take it slow and keep at it! Also loved your vibrato
Thank you, Dom! It's gotten so much better compared to my first video! Using the metronome has seriously helped though because I normally go way too fast and screw it up 😂 Vibrato is finally coming along!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
J
I agree with Dominik! Your first take was not only pretty flawless, it was miles better than what it was the last time you Uploaded that! Especially since you are playing standing up! You don't know what pride I have right now! I will be watching the rest of this to see your breakdown of it when I am doing my laundry at the laundromat today :)

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media