• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Matt Wildcat

Heretic Intro Attempts Part 2

Apologies if I sound really tired at the start XD So, the audio isn't the greatest because at parts my phone is louder than my guitar, and you can't see my hand for the last part of the intro, but here's improvement! While warming up today, I got really frustrated because I started picking up on and realising all my bad habits and how bad they really sound (Letting notes ring, poor muting, picking wrong, wrong notes, poor timing etc) but getting the ending of the intro right did bring me back up a bit, so there's that. Hoping to try and get this up to speed and try to sort my timing out, it's really kicking my backside!
Good practice! You're getting there. Not sure if Syn uses a harmonic + whammy bar or a pinch harmonic with vibrato though. Either way, you should work on that too as soon as you're comfortable with the rest.

And if you have problems with that ending that breaks the pattern it might be a good idea to practice just that last section alone :)

I loved this so much Millie ! Raw and real !!!!
also....#whatdominiksaid

when I play things that suddenly change up the “patten” so to speak my break freaks out too and my fingers do weird shit on their own hahahah. It definitely does help to just practice that bit alone, especially if you’ve already got the other parts down well.

Good practice! You're getting there. Not sure if Syn uses a harmonic + whammy bar or a pinch harmonic with vibrato though. Either way, you should work on that too as soon as you're comfortable with the rest.

And if you have problems with that ending that breaks the pattern it might be a good idea to practice just that last section alone :)
It is a pinch harmonic on the 4th fret of the A string. I think I'll make a quick demo video to show how I move my fingers on this part.

Here. I'm not warmed up and haven't played this in forever, so it's not as clean as I would like for it to be, but it's a fun riff! First is the fret hand, then I redid it for the picking hand. It's on the YouTubes so you can slow it down. I zoomed as much as I could. Not sure how I messed up the volume, but eh. Hope this helps!

Here. I'm not warmed up and haven't played this in forever, so it's not as clean as I would like for it to be, but it's a fun riff! First is the fret hand, then I redid it for the picking hand. It's on the YouTubes so you can slow it down. I zoomed as much as I could. Not sure how I messed up the volume, but eh. Hope this helps!

Ahhhhhhhhhh, this is so super helpful, especially the picking hand bit since I have no idea and was just kinda going with it! Thank you so much for recording this!!

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings