• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Anthony Peña

Lesson 38 (crossover picking)

I took some advice from @Ben newton and worked on these things: 1) keeping my picking motion smaller 2) working on crossover picking before applying it to the alt. picking exercises 3) working on not rushing the metronome 4) using a clean tone while practicing

If I still need work on any of these things (or you see any other problems) please let me know!

Thanks for watching, and helping.
This is really cool!

Can tell you have been listening to the metronome more! Its far more steady, and also your picking motion might have helped this too. Practicing inside and outside picking is really good for technique, so keep up with it!

The clean tone is so that you can hear just how accurate those notes are, so good job. Sometimes even playing guitar solos clean can really be beneficial.

The metronome has got a triplet feel to it (1 2 3 1 2 3). Next step, try and accent the notes which fall on the 1! Maybe even speed it up a little if you feel happy and confident to do so!

Reactions: Anthony Peña
This is really cool!

Can tell you have been listening to the metronome more! Its far more steady, and also your picking motion might have helped this too. Practicing inside and outside picking is really good for technique, so keep up with it!

The clean tone is so that you can hear just how accurate those notes are, so good job. Sometimes even playing guitar solos clean can really be beneficial.

The metronome has got a triplet feel to it (1 2 3 1 2 3). Next step, try and accent the notes which fall on the 1! Maybe even speed it up a little if you feel happy and confident to do so!
Thanks!
I'm so glad my playing is improving. I've never thought about playing solos with a clean tone, so I will definitely start doing that.

I set the metronome to 3/4 because the exercise is 6 eight notes. I didn't realize I was giving it a triplet feel. Will work on that too.

Thank you as always for your help! Gonna look at your recent CAGED system video once I get sweep picking down.

Reactions: Ben newton
Thanks!
I'm so glad my playing is improving. I've never thought about playing solos with a clean tone, so I will definitely start doing that.

I set the metronome to 3/4 because the exercise is 6 eight notes. I didn't realize I was giving it a triplet feel. Will work on that too.

Thank you as always for your help! Gonna look at your recent CAGED system video once I get sweep picking down.
Yep, nothing wrong with that 3/4 feel! Just so you could accent on the beginning of every 3 :)

I have to re upload the video unfortunately. The last 50 seconds kept freezing but audio still going. Am sorting it out now

Yep, nothing wrong with that 3/4 feel! Just so you could accent on the beginning of every 3 :)

I have to re upload the video unfortunately. The last 50 seconds kept freezing but audio still going. Am sorting it out now
Oh dang, sorry to hear that. Hope it goes smoothly for ya! Looking forward to seeing it :)

J
It really makes me happy to see you taking the advice that was given to you! And it also makes me really happy to see you have made a connection with someone who can help you improve. Very clean and solid Anthony!

• Love
It really makes me happy to see you taking the advice that was given to you! And it also makes me really happy to see you have made a connection with someone who can help you improve. Very clean and solid Anthony!
Thank you so much, Jak! The support and advice from this community is unparalleled- I should've posted on here a long time ago.
Always love seeing your comments, hope you're doing well!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Anthony Peña
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media