• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Jamie London

Lullaby of the Crucified (Alesana Cover)

One of, if not my absolute favorite song by Alesana. I’ve always loved this band and was fortunate enough to work for front man Shawn Milke’s record label for a number of years, as well as helping Alesana run their social media pages. They’ve never compromised their art for anyone and I’ll always admire that about them.

Usually I try to post the best takes when adding something to the riff section but not today. Here’s my raw slightly messy cover of their stellar song “Lullaby of the Crucified” from my favorite album of theirs, “A Place Where the Sun Is Silent”. Enjoy friends

“Sing a touching lullaby, and we’ll watch the angels cry”
I noticed you used a lot of barre chords. Do you have some tips to help me play those annoying things? Hahahaha I have a problem with barre chords, can't play them to save my life. 😫

Reactions: Jamie London
I noticed you used a lot of barre chords. Do you have some tips to help me play those annoying things? Hahahaha I have a problem with barre chords, can't play them to save my life. 😫
I’m going to sound super unhelpful but honestly I just learned a lot of songs early on that utilized them and so because of that they’ve never given me much issue. I’d say just find a song you really dig that uses them that you can pull of to a degree and slowly practice. If you e hot playing the song you won’t get as fatigued messing around with them. I know that sounds super basic but that’s what I did and that’s what I try to do with any musical concept that’s difficult for me to get down :)

I’m going to sound super unhelpful but honestly I just learned a lot of songs early on that utilized them and so because of that they’ve never given me much issue. I’d say just find a song you really dig that uses them that you can pull of to a degree and slowly practice. If you e hot playing the song you won’t get as fatigued messing around with them. I know that sounds super basic but that’s what I did and that’s what I try to do with any musical concept that’s difficult for me to get down :)
It was helpful! Maybe I was trying the wrong songs. If I choose something that I really love, I can try harder instead of giving up in the middle of the road. Thanks! 🙌🏻

good stuff ! the only thing I did notice was the angle of your palm muted strumming looks like it will be painful coz of the direction your wrist is cranked.. that might be because you're sitting however.. :)

Fuck yes ! Gimmie messy, raw and real over a highly edited video anyday !!! 😍
Raw, real, human…. I fucking love this shit !!!!
Yep! Sometimes you just gotta let it be what it is haha. I haven’t played this song in years and just started to relearn it the day before posting, and usually I wouldn’t post something that I was kind of still getting back down, but fuck it, YOLO 🤪

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Jamie London
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings