• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
lalolb

Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls

Hey everyone!

I just finished another guitar cover. This time I played a Metallica classic: For Whom The Bell Tolls.
I recorded the bass part but there is no video footage of it since I do not have it with me at the moment u.u

Any feedback is appreciated!

P.S. All hail the kitten in the corner!
This cover is so good! I enjoyed listening to is. After intro part (rhythm part) sounds so smooth, everything sounds good, but I find that a difficult part to make it feel smooth.
PS Cute kitten :)

• Love
Reactions: lalolb
Hey man good cover! You did really well i love this metallica song! Only thing i have to say is, work on making each power chord individual and their own! Like in the intro right before the first lead part (the part that goes E5, G5, Gb5, F5), sounded like they all blended together. Ill quote @Jak Angelescu on this when she suggested i do this same thing on an earlier post of mine:

“ This song is very punching. It's very cut, clean and hard. For example, when you go to do the power chord walk up from the C, D, to the D#, I want you to strike the chord and immediately mute it with your right hand before you change to the next chord. Equat it to when a drummer does a cymbal catch after striking it.“

Of course in your case, its the E5, G5, Gb5 to F5

And dude! Enjoy it a little more! Your playing is great! Have fun with it brotha. And maybe downpick it all next time 😉 good job!

That was great man! Your playing looked really smooth! But I think you got two power chords in the lead part wrong (the ones @Jesse Salmons talked about). The last run doesn't go E5 G5 Gb5 A5, it goes E5 Gb5 G5 A5 from what I know. So Basicly up instead of down :) Still good cover though!

Hey man good cover! You did really well i love this metallica song! Only thing i have to say is, work on making each power chord individual and their own! Like in the intro right before the first lead part (the part that goes E5, G5, Gb5, F5), sounded like they all blended together. Ill quote @Jak Angelescu on this when she suggested i do this same thing on an earlier post of mine:

“ This song is very punching. It's very cut, clean and hard. For example, when you go to do the power chord walk up from the C, D, to the D#, I want you to strike the chord and immediately mute it with your right hand before you change to the next chord. Equat it to when a drummer does a cymbal catch after striking it.“

Of course in your case, its the E5, G5, Gb5 to F5

And dude! Enjoy it a little more! Your playing is great! Have fun with it brotha. And maybe downpick it all next time 😉 good job!

Ohhh I get what you are saying. That part always sounded slightly weird to me and it might be because of this.

I am a very shy person, even if it is in front of a camera and this is one of the reasons I started to do these videos. AS I start getting more comfortable doing this, I'll start moving more... starting with the down picking haha 😋

That was great man! Your playing looked really smooth! But I think you got two power chords in the lead part wrong (the ones @Jesse Salmons talked about). The last run doesn't go E5 G5 Gb5 A5, it goes E5 Gb5 G5 A5 from what I know. So Basicly up instead of down :) Still good cover though!

I just double-checked and you are absolutely right. The last run goes E5 Gb5 G5 A5.
Dishonor on me and my cow.😭😅

Ohhh I get what you are saying. That part always sounded slightly weird to me and it might be because of this.

I am a very shy person, even if it is in front of a camera and this is one of the reasons I started to do these videos. AS I start getting more comfortable doing this, I'll start moving more... starting with the down picking haha 😋

I just double-checked and you are absolutely right. The last run goes E5 Gb5 G5 A5.
Dishonor on me and my cow.😭😅
Dude it was still a great cover! We all start posting one way or another! Regardless we’re all here to help ya out and encourage ya to get better. Keep on rocking brotha 🤘

• Love
Reactions: lalolb

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
lalolb
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings