• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
C

nevermore

song 5 on my next set of songs. This one stays on the blues side in a couple ways. explanation in comments.
I used the same scale (a minor I think) to make up the opening melody. The chorus melody is what made the song.. which is why I used it in the chorus. But in the verse and intro we got the same notes being played as a double stop down an octave. Off the top of my head I cant remember the exact notes I used. But it shouldn't be hard to figure out. One side of the speakers has a small pull off to finish the riff off.

Structure goes V C V C mini bridge/post chorus and then the chorus again, before adding a solo at the end. It was a pretty simple song that follow similar paths that other songs I wrote did, but was in a different tuning then I normally do (E standard). The chorus melody is just too good to let go.

The drums have a slight delay on them. I couldnt tell you just how much delay I used, but I believe its one echo. This is the only song I added effect on. The rest have reverb but little delay.

Lyrics are about friendships ending.. good friendships. When they walk out the door and decide to not come back.

I'll add the other 2 songs later in the week they are longer songs so I dont wanna overwhelm but will release them in order so you get the idea of why they are a part 1 and part 2.

I forgot to mention, the recordings I used in this song were the original ones I did, mainly because the tone of the guitar was so fitting (so distorted that its actually a little over the db levels when recording. it seemed to add a fitting effect to t he idea of the song.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media