• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Jamie London

Not to Touch the Earth - The Doors

One of my favorite songs from The Doors. I love weird and uncomfortable, music and this track is a great example of that being done well. I tried to sort of add my own takes on the weirdness to the playing to further push the more uncomfortable “out there” vibe the song presents. Some areas I think it worked, some areas it just sounds meh or flat, but uhhhh points for trying? 😅
It’s a weird song and I had a blast with it. The original is just so keyboard dominated that hearing the guitar parts played over top is a bit jarring, at least in my opinion. If you’ve never heard the song before definitely check it out, you’ll see what I mean and it’s a WILD ride. I cut off right before the solo because it’s going to take a bit more time before I can tackle that beast! Robby Krieger is a creative genius when it comes to guitar. Severally underrated by later generations imo.

“The minister's daughter's in love with the snake” 🐍

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Jamie London
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media