• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
C

Number1

song 6 and part 1 of a 2 part story. refer to comments for explantion.
*explanation

This song made an appearance here before. I got a lot of good comments on it. So I figured I wouldn't change anything. I used the same guitar recording I had and just added elements to it. first I'll explain the song structure.

Intro V1 (which is in 2 parts on its own) Chorus after the chorus is a duel. V2 which is essentially a repeat of the first, but its a tad shorter. And I added a bit of things together to make it 2 phrases instead of three. Then the chorus and duel repeats before going into the solo which is the chorus chord progression. it turns into the final chorus and then the end.

The intro is two guitars. One guitar is playing two chords. G13 and B13. The other guitar is playing gminor/bflat pentatonics and sweeps. I honestly cant remember exactly how I played it, which is why I kept the recording. I remember the positions atleast. The distortion kicks in, and we have two guitars in each speaker. One is pentatonic, and the other is arpeggios. Ideally the same notes.. almost.

The Verse is Gminor with a bend on Bflat. Then I play some arpeggios going into the chorus. instead of the bend. The chorus is open strums of Bflat and Gminor. The octaves are the exact same notes that I was playing in the verse (arpeggios).

The Duel is going up the arpeggios, and going down pentatonic. It's so melodic. Over top palm mutes.

As said the 2nd verse is a repeat. I brought the duel into the strumming with bends. And made the verse quicker as the song was getting longer as it was. lol The 2nd chorus and duel is the same as the first, but repeats a 2nd time, and the 2nd time through I added a couple notes higher up the scale.

The solo... opened with the bridge pick up. basically playing the duel but a bit different. I play it in 2 phrases. Then I switch pick ups and get into the final chorus, where I think I'm alternate picking a lot of notes in between the mini sweeps. I then go into a legato run which starts to sound way off tune, which at first I didn't think was a good idea, but seeing as what the song is about, I figured I'd keep it like that with the idea that things were going terribly wrong.

The ending duel is the same as the 2nd one was.

Overall, this song ended up being the song that was about me losing my Revenger. Because I got another one so fast its honestly pretty difficult to really write about how lost I felt, so this was the best I could do. Part 2 is obviously about me finding the replacement. I'll post it in a day or two I think.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media