• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
chris_is_cool

Pinky Floydy Improv (noob edition) (Synner Saturday)

Well, I still need a day or two for the Syn Tip challenge, but I do have something for Synner Saturday. Today I came across this awesome backing track on youtube which featured the chord progression of Comfortably Numb, so I had to try to improvise a bit over it, because I can't get better if I dont practice, right?

Now, David Gilmore is of course the absolute king of vibrato and bending, and I need a loooot of work in both (some of my bends are out of tune as well), haha. Also, my problem which I described in my thread a couple of days ago still persists, I get to easily stuck in a single rythmic idea. I also really need to work on incorporating some of the quicker licks that I already know and practice in isolation (be it pentatonic or natural minor or whatever), but I never really think about it in the moment.

But yeah, I think I should start working on the real Comfortably Numb solo in the near future, that will probably REALLY help with the improv as well :D.
There were a couple bits in there that told me you're getting one of the cornerstones of improv, which is listening to yourself well enough to know when you've got something cool and should repeat it here and there. Coming along nicely.

How's that Solar?

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool
There were a couple bits in there that told me you're getting one of the cornerstones of improv, which is listening to yourself well enough to know when you've got something cool and should repeat it here and there. Coming along nicely.

How's that Solar?
Thanks, I suppose that's true, repetition of cool stuff is one of the cornerstones of music in general after all. I still think there should also be enough variation within the same theme to keep it interesting. But I guess thats also why I self record this stuff, to reflect on what I want to work on, both in terms of technique and creativity.

Love the Solar, the neck feels exactly how a neck should feel in my hands, I'm getting every tone I want from the pickups, and thanks to the Evertune bridge I don't even look at a tuner for weeks. Actually I can even go from other tunings to my setup tuning within seconds without a tuner and it will be accurate within 1 percent or so.

Reactions: Ed Seith
next time you jam an improv plan ahead "i'm going to add one of my faster pentatonic licks"
i'm not very good myself, but if i want to practice something in particular, i'll practice switching it and something else back n forth, for example a slow lick/riff into a fast one and go back n forth for the tempo change, i hope it helps. i'm still learning it, gonna check out more of david gilmore

Reactions: chris_is_cool

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
chris_is_cool
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media