• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

“Sally’s Song” melody

Working on my vibrato. Vibrato is like the fingerprint of the guitarist and I’m working on finding MY sound 💕

Single notes are a bit different for me as I tend to only play them when I practice scales. I typically always choose songs with open chords or power chords to play, so this is fun and different for me.
J
Papa actually told me that 1 of the best things to do for a lead playing and scale exploration and composing solos is to play the melody of a song you like. So not only did you do a good job on that, Your vibrato technique was really good! Athough it still needs work, I could tell that you were doing it the right way. Try practicing doing just vibratos but slow and wide range and deliberate. Also, take the string muter off. You are not doing yourself any good having that on. You only want to use that during recording sessions.😊😊

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Papa actually told me that 1 of the best things to do for a lead playing and scale exploration and composing solos is to play the melody of a song you like. So not only did you do a good job on that, Your vibrato technique was really good! Athough it still needs work, I could tell that you were doing it the right way. Try practicing doing just vibratos but slow and wide range and deliberate. Also, take the string muter off. You are not doing yourself any good having that on. You only want to use that during recording sessions.😊😊
Thanks jak ! That’s awesome papa said that ! I was thinking it might be good to do as I was thinking of adding vibrato where a singer would naturally do it....if that makes sense lol. I’m just winging this shit man 😂
I know, gotta take the fret wrap off lol. I literally just put it on because I had some weird feedback buzz thing going on with completely different strings I wasn’t even touching and didn’t know how to fix it hahahah.
it was almost like, when I hit certain notes the string would start vibrating in unison with it and it was weird.

Reactions: Jak Angelescu
@Jak Angelescu any tips for vibrato with my ring finger ? I know I should use my wrist and that doesn’t seem to be a problem when I’m using my index or middle finger, but some notes I’ll land on my ring finger and my wrist doesn’t work like it does for the others, if that makes sense. Like I have to focus all the movement of the vibrato in that finger itself. Is this okay to do or will it hurt me ?

J
Thanks jak ! That’s awesome papa said that ! I was thinking it might be good to do as I was thinking of adding vibrato where a singer would naturally do it....if that makes sense lol. I’m just winging this shit man 😂
I know, gotta take the fret wrap off lol. I literally just put it on because I had some weird feedback buzz thing going on with completely different strings I wasn’t even touching and didn’t know how to fix it hahahah.
it was almost like, when I hit certain notes the string would start vibrating in unison with it and it was weird.
Are you anchoring your rhythm palm down a little on strings you're not playing? Using your left hand for muting at all?

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Are you anchoring your rhythm palm down a little on strings you're not playing? Using your left hand for muting at all?
I do have my palm down on the strings I’m not playing and I try to use my left hand to mute the string above as I play the single notes. I may not be doing that well enough though. Good point. I’ve never noticed it when I play my scales though. So I think I’m doing something wrong lol

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media