• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Ricardo Lopes

The c major scale and major scale

Beginner section: Practicing the c major scale and major scale.

This is my first training video on the scales.
I know I'm still green on the guitar I would like to know what you think and if you could give some tips to improve?

Cheers
Nice and clean notes coming through! Sounding like a C major scale for sure. Very very little fret buzz too!

Definitely use a metronome where possible. This will benefit your inner clock, your rhythm and help develop solid muscle memory. It's also great to use to see progress.

Though I'm sure you're not using it for picking practice, try to keep all down pick or better, alternate picking. Changes between both ways might cause slow progress in the long run, as there might not be continuity with technique.

Also, when you were playing the second shape with the open strings, from the first note to the second note there is a clash between the first two notes. Your third finger is still playing 3rd fret 5th string whilst you are playing the open D string. Not a massive deal as such but worth noticing these things!

I'd like to suggest maybe as practice to keep fingers as close to the fretboard as you physically can. This would be to help with some unneeded movement when playing.

When you use a metronome, go as slow as you can, play a note on every beat and be careful of every detail and just be aware of some of things I've mentioned. With practice it will all clear up.

Really small ideas really, but just a few things I picked up :)

Hope it helps!

Reactions: Ricardo Lopes
Nice and clean notes coming through! Sounding like a C major scale for sure. Very very little fret buzz too!

Definitely use a metronome where possible. This will benefit your inner clock, your rhythm and help develop solid muscle memory. It's also great to use to see progress.

Though I'm sure you're not using it for picking practice, try to keep all down pick or better, alternate picking. Changes between both ways might cause slow progress in the long run, as there might not be continuity with technique.

Also, when you were playing the second shape with the open strings, from the first note to the second note there is a clash between the first two notes. Your third finger is still playing 3rd fret 5th string whilst you are playing the open D string. Not a massive deal as such but worth noticing these things!

I'd like to suggest maybe as practice to keep fingers as close to the fretboard as you physically can. This would be to help with some unneeded movement when playing.

When you use a metronome, go as slow as you can, play a note on every beat and be careful of every detail and just be aware of some of things I've mentioned. With practice it will all clear up.

Really small ideas really, but just a few things I picked up :)

Hope it helps!

Thank you very much Ben for noticing these things and for the suggestions.

I will communicate with my fingers to get closer to the fretboard and use the metronome. 😆

Cheers :)

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Ricardo Lopes
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media