• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

SGS lesson 10 - My Solo #2

So I wrote a backing track and soloed over it as final exercise on lesson 10. This is the second of two solos I recorded, each has their own mistakes and imperfections but I am glad I spent the time with lesson 10.
J
There are so many things I love about this! You are really working that Box position and milking it for all it's worth. Different styles of bends common great vibratos and note skipping are all things I hear! Great work Dominik!

• Love
Reactions: Dominik Gräber
There are so many things I love about this! You are really working that Box position and milking it for all it's worth. Different styles of bends common great vibratos and note skipping are all things I hear! Great work Dominik!
Thank you so much!! I worked over a week on this lesson and messed Up so many improv solos to get there!

The melody carried through this was amazing dude. And I see you found the 2nd position. Imo you should find all the positions before moving on. But knowing those 2 that you already know are good enough where you could move on. The 3rd position is like.. 15 and 17 ish so it's not necessary.

Some stuff was in the last solo like the tapping however you had it fit better here. Just like the last one though I'd like the back track a bit higher. Kudos to you for making your own too! I want to see more people making their own back tracks. Rather then finding them on YouTube.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
The melody carried through this was amazing dude. And I see you found the 2nd position. Imo you should find all the positions before moving on. But knowing those 2 that you already know are good enough where you could move on. The 3rd position is like.. 15 and 17 ish so it's not necessary.

Some stuff was in the last solo like the tapping however you had it fit better here. Just like the last one though I'd like the back track a bit higher. Kudos to you for making your own too! I want to see more people making their own back tracks. Rather then finding them on YouTube.
Thank you! Basicly I made my own track so I have my own "6 magic note positions" to choose from. So I mostly played over my A power chord, one octave higher in the end but also tried to switch to the pattern over the G chord at the right time. I still find it a little awkward to watch because some parts just feel forced but I'm glad I did it.

I tend to follow the lead of the first chord too. Sometimes it makes more sense to stay to that scale and not change. Sometimes it makes a nice motif to switch the scale and play the same lick too. All in situational feels.

I tend to follow the lead of the first chord too. Sometimes it makes more sense to stay to that scale and not change. Sometimes it makes a nice motif to switch the scale and play the same lick too. All in situational feels.
Yeah, my point was getting all those positions together for practices sake and to make the most out of the backing track.

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media