• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

SGS pedal contest(Jazz)

I wrote this short little jazz bit for the contest. Syn's tip I use comes from lesson 106

"For example, each time you come across the "V" chord when you're playing to the backing track, play a different concept we've discussed over it each time. Let's say you play a Super Locrian over it the first time, next time play a C minor arpeggio over it(since we are in "E"). The next time play your Tritone Substitution but arpeggiate it meaning that you would play an F7 arpeggio. Next play a C minor9 arp and so on and so forth."

I went a little lenient on it and just took it as use a different idea each time you come across the V chord where I mixed some of Syn's suggestions with my own.

The 2 V chords in the chord progression are F#7 and E7.

Over F#7 I used F# mixolydian, a john mayer lick, super locrian and a tritone substitution(C#7 arpeggio)

Over E7 I used Double harmonic major scale, phrygian dominant scale, dominant diminished and a gypsy jazz lick I like to use.

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
idssdi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media