• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

“Shine”- Collective Soul

Standing up for @Jak Angelescu 😘 (the acoustic is light)
Intro and main riff....
Playing around with the katana...never really used it but it does give those bass notes a little punch which is cool.

Standing up playing this is AWKWARD, but at the same time kind of fun lol. Maybe eventually I’ll look cool doing it ! 😎
J
Absolutely incredible! This was very smooth, beautiful and very solid! My only suggestion is that the main intro riff needs to have more alternate strumming. I know that alternate strumming is difficult for you but I saw you do it during chord changes, so you CAN do it🤩. The reason why you need to make sure you have it more in this song is because it gives it a very fluid and effortless sound and helps encourage the groove. However when you downstroke everything it makes it sound too heavy and choppy

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Absolutely incredible! This was very smooth, beautiful and very solid! My only suggestion is that the main intro riff needs to have more alternate strumming. I know that alternate strumming is difficult for you but I saw you do it during chord changes, so you CAN do it🤩. The reason why you need to make sure you have it more in this song is because it gives it a very fluid and effortless sound and helps encourage the groove. However when you downstroke everything it makes it sound too heavy and choppy
Thanks jak ! As always solid advice !
I find I do the alternate strumming thing when I’m not thinking about it. Lol. I need to think less and just do 😂

Thanks jak ! As always solid advice !
I find I do the alternate strumming thing when I’m not thinking about it. Lol. I need to think less and just do 😂
This is exactly the issue with every technique and changing bad habits. I struggle with the same stuff. AMD it definitely gives a different tone like jak said. Sometimes I like it other times I dont and i work on it. But when I think about it going in.. dont matter which way I do cause I thought of it I mess up lola

Sounds good tho through the amp. That pick up sounds nice on that guitar

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Okay, so today I have been working on alternate strumming and the little intro/melody does in fact sound beautiful!
my question though, should I continue that into the main riff (the more heavy open power cords) or no? I tried it and it sounds a wee bit off when I attempt to alternate strum that part. Could just be in my head though....or my fingers... lol.

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media