• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sorry EVH πŸ˜‚ very first attempt at Running With The Devil riff (Beginner..very.)

Ok so, this morning I didn't feel like practice my barred chords and decided to mess around a little and try a Van Halen riff You can laugh at me But seriously I wanted to also post this because maybe there are others "absolute beginners" that feel intimidated to post something (like I was) because they don't feel like they're good enough....well guys, we have to start somewhere and we can just get better, and this community is wonderful and will never put you down but will always try and help! Now, back to laughing at my video (also, sorry for that something blocking a little the view of my guitar I hadn't noticed )
First of all, you will never be worst than I was when I started. I was horrible and I still dont know how I got where im at, you are doing wonderfully well. Second, thats pretty cool that you are having fun and switch around your practice! If you feel blocked on certain techniques or else, its always good to leave them for a day or two and check other stuff! Your video is great, keep on practising!

Also, only thing I would say is, are you in the right tuning? If I hear right, the song is in Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb tuning while I think you are in standard tuning?

Reactions: ari.mac
Thank you so much and yeah I'm in standard tuning, ops

Reactions: Rad Synner
In my defense, in the youtube video the guy didn't mention the tuning

Reactions: Rad Synner

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
ari.mac
Date added
View count