• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Gavin Terminie

Syn style solo

Don’t mind my pup! Messed me up a little XD
Great playing, and definitely picking up some Synisms in there, too. When you said something about your pup, I thought you meant a problem with one of your pickups, until I got halfway through. Cute pupper!

All I would offer here is that for something that long, more variety would help - a section in the middle where you took it down an octave and played in the 3rd or 5th position, maybe even switching over to the bridge pickup for a few beats.

If you're gonna play a solo that long, it needs to take the listener on a journey. Well played, though, and some really nice motifs in there, too!

Great playing, and definitely picking up some Synisms in there, too. When you said something about your pup, I thought you meant a problem with one of your pickups, until I got halfway through. Cute pupper!

All I would offer here is that for something that long, more variety would help - a section in the middle where you took it down an octave and played in the 3rd or 5th position, maybe even switching over to the bridge pickup for a few beats.

If you're gonna play a solo that long, it needs to take the listener on a journey. Well played, though, and some really nice motifs in there, too!
Thank you man! I should’ve worded it better in the title but this was a cover originally written by Andy James. Of course he plays it much much better and with a backing track and everything but thank you for the tips! Definitely check out Andy James video as well because it is amazing to listen to!

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Gavin Terminie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media