• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
When I went back to revisit lessons I watched but never really practiced I started making new riffs up. This was one of the first songs I wrote front and back about 2 years ago in that time. So it seemed fitting to make the song relate to the site.

The chords are g c and d. Which is funny cause I played the gminor pentatonic scale over it. In that scale all 3 of these chords are minor. I didn't know that until today when I looked at the chord family. I wrote solos with the pentatonic scale before (2nd best) but not songs or chord progressions. Intro is a back and forth duel that explodes into the song. Love reverb. Song follows the simple g d g c progression at 180 bpm.. I guess you could speed it up if you wanted to. But it pushes over 8 minutes for that reason. And the solo. That is played for the duration of the chorus progression followed by g minor arpeggio chords.

|
|
|0 9
|2 7
|3 7
|

Something like that^^

All I do in the solo is do what syn said to do in a tip a while ago in one of the hidden e mail videos he did which was play in octaves. Til the arpeggios which I change it up to a.more melodic run...it's one of my favourite on the spot solos I did that I didn't feel needed any editing after the 1st take. I tried to basically turn the penatonic scale into 3 notes. And played the boxes. In other words I played the g minor scale in whole using the penatonic scale as my landing points.

I'm not sure if everything really adds up really but this was a song that gave me momentum going into the later lessons and the riffs just came. Songs were getting easier to write at that point so it started becoming a matter of changing uo melodies with different chords amd techniques related to the melody I wrote jamming the lessons. Most focused on the lesson itself and writing those songs pushed my techniques to get better practicing the riffs i wrote. I highly suggest writing.. even if you think they are shitty. The instincts get better the more you do it. Its worth writing the shitty power chord songs. They teach you the structure needed for the complex stuff you see syn and others do.

Depending on engagement I'll release.more of the newer material faster or slower. There's many to go through and I don't want to over whelm or waste anyone's time.

Forgot to mention.. the g minor arpeggios go like this..

G minor b flat g minor b flat. Then it goes to the next position. And finishes the solo off up an octave before going back into the chorus. I feel this is the climax of the song. Definitely it's highest point before slowly dying off.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media