• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Chris Johnston

The Musical Alphabet (Chromatic Scale) & How To Use it (On Guitar)

This is an in-depth lesson on how to find & remember all of the notes on your Guitar - the easiest way! The lesson also shows you how to apply the knowledge to Jam in any key. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for sharing this ! This is something I’ve struggled with lol. I can find notes but have such a hard time memorizing them. I love the idea of just recognizing the natural notes and then the sharps and flats will just fall into place. Seems so simple, but I never thought about that before !!!!! 😃

also, and I don’t mean this in any weird way but I could listen to you talk all day ! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Chris Johnston
Hey! No problem at all, I'm glad it was of use to you 😁

Yeah it's something I struggled with a lot as well, as it seemed so overwhelming at first - it's like my brain repelled it! After a while the natural notes just seem to light up on the fretboard and with them, all the sharps/flats.

Ah really Haha? Thanks! It's not taken in any weird way at all 😂 Must be the 'Sunny Scotland' accent eh? Either way I'l take it 🤓

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Hey! No problem at all, I'm glad it was of use to you 😁

Yeah it's something I struggled with a lot as well, as it seemed so overwhelming at first - it's like my brain repelled it! After a while the natural notes just seem to light up on the fretboard and with them, all the sharps/flats.

Ah really Haha? Thanks! It's not taken in any weird way at all 😂 Must be the 'Sunny Scotland' accent eh? Either way I'l take it 🤓
I’m going to start trying to memorize just the natural notes and see how that goes for me.

and yes, it is in fact the Scottish accent ! If I could immitate a Scottish accent I would use it all the time ! I love it ! Lol

• Love
Great stuff! I reckon you'll have it nailed in no time 😊

See we feel like that about every other accent, especially the US & English accent! - to us, we just sound flat - usually why British/Scottish bands sing in American accents to disguise it 😂

T
I'm going to have a stream where I just phonate students' accents from around the world.

Vedy fauhst: Scottish for "very first"
Wot eezit: British for "what is it" as spoken by @Matt Wildcat
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I absolutely ADORE your accent!

• Haha
I'm going to have a stream where I just phonate students' accents from around the world.

Vedy fauhst: Scottish for "very first"
Wot eezit: British for "what is it" as spoken by @Matt Wildcat
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I absolutely ADORE your accent!
Haha! Thank you! Spelled out it's like something from Lord of The Rings 😂

When people on my side of the pond phonate the US accent it's something like this:

A gatcha mayn - I got you man
Fur streengs and nat a prablem- Four strings & Not a problem 😂

• Haha
Reactions: TheRedMageGuitarist

Media information

Category
Tutorials
Added by
Chris Johnston
Date added
View count
Comment count