• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
C

untitled4

one last one I wanted to share before full release. This one I've debated about doing the vocals over in some parts as they sound slightly out of sync.. but I wanted to share the overall song before I do final changes to any vocals I've thought of redoing,
I like what you're doing. I think you should try stripping back the drums a bit (it sounds like you're using your kick like a tom tom), perhaps also consider adding a little more air, I think the vocals and lead fills tend to fight for space against each other.

Your songs are crazy cool :D
it's maybe a good thing I'm not catching all the words.
I had to hear them a couple times and loud. Sometimes I can't connect to everything all the time but when I do it's nice

Your songs are crazy cool :D
it's maybe a good thing I'm not catching all the words.
I had to hear them a couple times and loud. Sometimes I can't connect to everything all the time but when I do it's nice
This one is about friends not keeping their word essentially. I've had a few of those friends lately. I'll say none were from here but I also havent made many friends from here that talk constantly with me. A couple have. And I keep.in touch when I can with them.

I double tracked the vocals and the Layne Staley vibe I get off it gives me chills everytime.

Reactions: William B.
I like what you're doing. I think you should try stripping back the drums a bit (it sounds like you're using your kick like a tom tom), perhaps also consider adding a little more air, I think the vocals and lead fills tend to fight for space against each other.
Less reverb or delay? Or volume? I know the Tom's are massive but they are meant to be especially in the bridge.

Oh and are you asking about the clean vocals/lead or the bridge part? I debated changing the lead under the bridge because I realized the melody didnt match the vocals as well as I imagined.

Less reverb or delay? Or volume? I know the Tom's are massive but they are meant to be especially in the bridge.
My thought with this is "less is more", I think the drums are a little over complicated and don't let the rest of the song do it's thing. Perhaps a bit less volume might be the winner here.. I find that symbol being a bit "OMG I"M HERE NOW" :)

Oh and are you asking about the clean vocals/lead or the bridge part? I debated changing the lead under the bridge because I realized the melody didnt match the vocals as well as I imagined.

It was towards the end of it. It felt like the singer and lead guitarist (yes I know both you heh) trying to stand out the front going LOOK AT ME, NO LOOK AT ME ! Whereas I think a little bit of space between the two would mean neither feel like they're fighting for attention. I might be too simple though heh !

It was towards the end of it. It felt like the singer and lead guitarist (yes I know both you heh) trying to stand out the front going LOOK AT ME, NO LOOK AT ME ! Whereas I think a little bit of space between the two would mean neither feel like they're fighting for attention. I might be too simple though heh !
Yeah I was thinking the same too the lead is hidden cause it doesnt really match. I thought of redoing it but honestly it's mostly double stops of the power chord anyways so I figured if anything it could maybe add tone flavour. Live I wouldnt even be doing the lead at all honestly so I wasnt in a rush to really change it. I did the lead first that's probably where I went wrong. Better phrasing could come if I did it the other way around.

Yeah I was thinking the same too the lead is hidden cause it doesnt really match. I thought of redoing it but honestly it's mostly double stops of the power chord anyways so I figured if anything it could maybe add tone flavour. Live I wouldnt even be doing the lead at all honestly so I wasnt in a rush to really change it. I did the lead first that's probably where I went wrong. Better phrasing could come if I did it the other way around.

if you're unhappy with the lead, something you could try is to play the song without the lead, and add fills like as if you were jamming to the song as a backing track. I do this when I'm jamming with mates and coz I don't have very good eyesight can't see the the chords they have on the songs they're playing, but know the key of it.. so I just add fills in places that match the rhythm and feel of the song. Could be worth a shot ? I guess it depends how comfortable you are with improv. Once you get something you like, you'd just transcribe it as your lead :)

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media