• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
ari.mac

Very first attempt at soloing 🤷‍♀️ Holiday by Green Day

ok so, I know I said I wanted to do power chords (and I will!!!) but the tutorial for this solo popped up on my YT feed and felt like giving this a try. This is my very first attempt at soloing, never done that before....how the f*** do you guys do this??😅😅 help me please 😂
How do I solo? Very simple. I dont. I gave up a long time ago as my fingers just do not obey.

For real though, its mostly about exercising a lot and understanding a lot of different techniques that all blend together. But to be honest, it all comes with time. It may seem like a lot when you look at it as a whole (and it is a lot) but the solution is to take it slowly and develop all of it part by part.

But I gotta say that I was surprise by your performance. Your notes were spot on as much as I know and it was quite well timed with the music! You will see as you continue to practice that everything will come in place and the performance only gets soother but for real, well done! Continue like this!!

Ps: YES ANGRY EMOJI IS BACK!!!! THATS WHAT IM HERE FOR!!1

• Haha
Reactions: ari.mac
How do I solo? Very simple. I dont. I gave up a long time ago as my fingers just do not obey.

For real though, its mostly about exercising a lot and understanding a lot of different techniques that all blend together. But to be honest, it all comes with time. It may seem like a lot when you look at it as a whole (and it is a lot) but the solution is to take it slowly and develop all of it part by part.

But I gotta say that I was surprise by your performance. Your notes were spot on as much as I know and it was quite well timed with the music! You will see as you continue to practice that everything will come in place and the performance only gets soother but for real, well done! Continue like this!!

Ps: YES ANGRY EMOJI IS BACK!!!! THATS WHAT IM HERE FOR!!1

Thank you so much! 🖤 I'll keep trying for sure and look more into some tecniques!
My angry emoji is back and never leaving again!!!! 😂😂😂

• Love
Reactions: Rad Synner
Thank you so much! 🖤 I'll keep trying for sure and look more into some tecniques!
My angry emoji is back and never leaving again!!!! 😂😂😂
Have fun! Thats the most important! Because as long as you enjoy what you are doing, the rest will naturally flow towards you :) See it as sort of a Law of attraction if that makes sense!

And yes. I will be looking around everytime to make sure he's in there in the background (okay sorry that lowkey sounds creepy)

• Love
Have fun! Thats the most important! Because as long as you enjoy what you are doing, the rest will naturally flow towards you :) See it as sort of a Law of attraction if that makes sense!

And yes. I will be looking around everytime to make sure he's in there in the background (okay sorry that lowkey sounds creepy)
You're right having fun is the most important thing, and I'm having a lot of fun!!

Angry Emoji will be there for you 😂😂

• Love
Reactions: Rad Synner
Amazing!! I’ve been playing for 6 years and learned my first solo just this year, I give ya props for being so confident so early to try a solo 🥰 🥰

• Love
Hey where is your problem? That was great!! It honestly wasn't far from the original, all you're missing is a bit of vibrato. But that will come naturally once you are really comfortable with playing it.

Honestly I am not that great when it comes to soloing either. Probably better with the stuff I write myself than with covers I learn. It is just a long way to get good there. I noticed that a big part of it is just getting your hands into shape to do those crazy things and that comes just by playing. Playing different chord shapes, switching between power chords quickly, practicing different solos. It will take time but absolutely every bit of time you put into playing will make you a better player in the outcome.

• Love
@Kat the metalhead thank you🖤🖤🖤 do you have the solo up here in the school??

@Dominik Gräber thank you Dom 🖤 How do you do vibrato??😭😭😭😭 I am even doing exercises with the metronone to get my fingers in shape for trying solos.
Honestly this was very short and very easy, but I still struggled with hitting just the right string and keeping time. Of course I hope it will get better with practising 😅

Reactions: Kat the metalhead
@Kat the metalhead thank you🖤🖤🖤 do you have the solo up here in the school??

@Dominik Gräber thank you Dom 🖤 How do you do vibrato??😭😭😭😭 I am even doing exercises with the metronone to get my fingers in shape for trying solos.
Honestly this was very short and very easy, but I still struggled with hitting just the right string and keeping time. Of course I hope it will get better with practising 😅
I really can't tell you easily how to do vibrato. Haven't found a specific lesson on it either but I am sure PG explains it somewhere. Basicly vibrato is like a reeeeally suttle bend up and down to give a note a bit more "character" if you will. Probably @Ids Schiere can explain it way better. Just know it is essential to developing your own style (and also to Syns Solos, he puts a vibrato on almost every note that rings out).

I challenge you to keep practicing that solo and do another video of it in a month or two. You will see massive improvement already!

I really can't tell you easily how to do vibrato. Haven't found a specific lesson on it either but I am sure PG explains it somewhere. Basicly vibrato is like a reeeeally suttle bend up and down to give a note a bit more "character" if you will. Probably @Ids Schiere can explain it way better. Just know it is essential to developing your own style (and also to Syns Solos, he puts a vibrato on almost every note that rings out).

I challenge you to keep practicing that solo and do another video of it in a month or two. You will see massive improvement already!

Challenge accepted 😎 Yeah in Syn solos it's everywhere 😂 I'll work on it, thanks 🤩

Nice, You're doing pretty good! You seem to be doing the notes a little staccato, try to hold some of them a little longer.

As Dominik said, vibrato is really important. Vibrato basically is wiggling your finger up and down to create slight changes in pitch. You can do it up and down or as a circle whatever works for you really.

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
ari.mac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media