• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Iris

Working on The Trooper intro TIPS APPRECIATED

Just started working on The Trooper today.
T
GIRL!!! When you get this up to speed your fingers will fly and it will be the funnest, smoothest ride of your life. Mad props to the vibrato at the end! But make sure you have your middle finger down on the 6th fret, A string, right behind your ring finger when you do that vibrato at the end. It'll help you get extra control and strength to pull it better. Also, you did a "classical guitarist" vibrato, which is freaking awesome should you ever put this on a nylon string guitar. I'd suggest watching a few youtube videos of how to do one properly since there's no lesson on it here. It's weird in the beginning but it helps so much! Also feel free to refer to this lesson here https://synner.com/lessons/pentatonic-picking-exercise-hammer-ons-pull-offs-lesson-22.22/ as the technique done in this is hammer-on and pull-off, and it will help you play it up to speed as the Maiden guys do. Every note is not picked. Great work and have fun! I've played this a lot so if you need any help let me know!

• Love
Reactions: Iris
GIRL!!! When you get this up to speed your fingers will fly and it will be the funnest, smoothest ride of your life. Mad props to the vibrato at the end! But make sure you have your middle finger down on the 6th fret, A string, right behind your ring finger when you do that vibrato at the end. It'll help you get extra control and strength to pull it better. Also, you did a "classical guitarist" vibrato, which is freaking awesome should you ever put this on a nylon string guitar. I'd suggest watching a few youtube videos of how to do one properly since there's no lesson on it here. It's weird in the beginning but it helps so much! Also feel free to refer to this lesson here https://synner.com/lessons/pentatonic-picking-exercise-hammer-ons-pull-offs-lesson-22.22/ as the technique done in this is hammer-on and pull-off, and it will help you play it up to speed as the Maiden guys do. Every note is not picked. Great work and have fun! I've played this a lot so if you need any help let me know!
Thanks for the tips!!! I can't wait to get it up to speed.

• Love
Reactions: TheRedMageGuitarist
I have to be honest I didn't really recognize it at first but when it speeds up it becomes a bit more recognizable. Try to use pull offs for the faster bit, so for example if you have the 7th to 5th fret on the A string, pull off from the 7th to the 5th fret instead of picking them both. This counts for everything that played on the A string too, keep it up!

I have to be honest I didn't really recognize it at first but when it speeds up it becomes a bit more recognizable. Try to use pull offs for the faster bit, so for example if you have the 7th to 5th fret on the A string, pull off from the 7th to the 5th fret instead of picking them both. This counts for everything that played on the A string too, keep it up!
Thanks. It's also just the beginning of the intro. I think people are more familiar with the crazy triplet shit that happens later. Lol. I had just looked up the tab that day.

I give you props for starting slow and taking your time! Me and I’m sure many others have the issue of playing too fast too soon! You’ll get this is no time! Good work!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Iris
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media