• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
ari.mac

"You Shook Me All Night Long" solo practice (first half of it) - #SynnerSunday

I also started learning the solo to this song. This is the first half with a slowed down backing track and it's still sloppy af, but I hope to improve 😂 tips and feedback always appreciated! Much love Synners 🖤
Nice video, cool that your sharing it!
How do you slow down a backing track?
Thank you 😊😊😊 you can either use youtube but there are like just three options, or I have downloaded an app that's called "Music speed changer", I don't know if it's available for computer, I use it on my phone. You can slow down or speed up the tracks as much as you want 😊

Reactions: Kim
I still have a hard time with my vibrato sometimes. It’s all in the wrist motion. I always just wanna use my finger.
Theres actually two different styles of vibrato. One is the wrist and one is with the fingers. So you can actually use both and use them successfully. But your wrist has waaaaay more control.

When I want more then a full Bend (honestly couldn't even tell you how much I bend on the fly tho lol) I refer to my wrist. But if it's a small bend.. half step...etc. I may even just use whatever finger is there. And only it. Situational really. I think you can get away with just the wrist. Pretty sure a lot of syns solos involved those kind of bends so you really gotta use the wrist if you're gonna learn his solos.

This is just amazing!! Others have already mentioned working on the pitch of the bends and the vibratos, both stuff I still struggle a lot with myself. I also tend to use to little wrist in those motions 🤣.

Keep working at it, your progress is just great!🤘

• Love
Reactions: ari.mac
This is just amazing!! Others have already mentioned working on the pitch of the bends and the vibratos, both stuff I still struggle a lot with myself. I also tend to use to little wrist in those motions 🤣.

Keep working at it, your progress is just great!🤘
Thank you so much Chris! 😊

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool
Awesome progress.

Bendings always take some time until you nail them but you are on a good way.

As another tip. I would suggest you anker the picking hand on the bridge for more pick control.

Congrats Sys!

• Love
Awesome progress.

Bendings always take some time until you nail them but you are on a good way.

As another tip. I would suggest you anker the picking hand on the bridge for more pick control.

Congrats Sys!
Thank you 🖤🖤 I tried that a couple of times and it feels weird to me...maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it?

• Love
Reactions: Christian Schulze
Thank you 🖤🖤 I tried that a couple of times and it feels weird to me...maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it?
I started doing ot after like years of playing and Yesssss it feels really weird and akward. But over time it has been a game changer for me.

And by anchoring I don't mean keeping the hand at one spot all the time but to play leads it helps with control of the pick and with muting strings too.

• Love

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
ari.mac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings