• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Are you loyal to one brand in particular?

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I is worth the money if you are willing to spend on it. Besides the software for an apple is actually kinda better than that of a Windows PC. High end Gibson's are in the same price range as Fender, PRS and that mind of companies and I wouldn't say their guitars are worse
    Sure, like I said, I want to own a flying v someday. Then that is subjectivly seen worth it for me. But objectively you have so many brands that build guitars with the same quality and aesthetics as Gibsons for half the price.

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I don't have a big opinion on this. I have a Js Aria pro ii, The animal strat and a telecaster from an unknown brand. I'm completely satisfied with them.
    I don't think brands matter that much as long as it's well build.

If i'll ever get a new guitar I'd look at what I want instead of the brand. Two humbuckers, 24 frets maybe, three way switch and one or two volume knobs.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Firsty Lasty

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I have no loyalty to any music-related brand. However, I pledge my soul to Wigwam socks.

I use D'Addario strings exclusively but that's just how things worked out. I don't have any emotional bond with them. If another company made it easier to get the strings I want I would switch with no hesitation.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    For me there seem to be 3 brands that I'm constantly obssessing about, those being Jackson, Dean and ESP. All 3 companies specialize in King V models, which is my dream guitar, not to mention that you can form 10 different super-groups of guitarists that play guitars from those brands.

As of right now, I REALLY want this Mille Petrozza signature model.

Attachments

• esp-ltd-mk-600-mille-petrozza-electric-guitar-black-satin-lmk600blks.jpg
      esp-ltd-mk-600-mille-petrozza-electric-guitar-black-satin-lmk600blks.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 125

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Not particularly, though my SGC (little known brand but absolutely incredible) Tux J model remains my favorite I think. It’s a simple guitar but I adore it. I still love my Dean Razorback Explosion though I don’t play it as much anymore, and Shecter is always great. I have the white and black SG model, and the natural color ZV guitar that I won from VU last year 😄 For acoustic however, I’ve found that I click best with Martin guitars so I tend to stick with those.

Kai C

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Naha Okinawa
    Not really with guitars but more so hardware and accessories I guess. Definitely a fan of EMG hardware and Floyd Rose 🌹. I like Fender hardware and amps more than their signature guitars. I have a Syn custom and I have to say I am very much a fan of how Schecter made that guitar but I'm not seeing much in the way of true customs from them... Planning on making my own custom from a kit and my own handiwork in the next year.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    As a Noob I’ve not played that many. I started out learning on a fender strat and I think I just grew accustomed to it. I’ve since played an Ibanez (it was a 7 string so I don’t think I got a good feel for it as it was so huge in my hand) a schecter, and a Gibson. I lean towards the strat. But like I said I think that’s because it’s what I started with, but I do live the feel of it in my hand and I definitely love large or jumbo frets !

when it comes to acoustics I’m partial to Ovation. Although, the husbands grandad has a Martin D-28 (50’s era) that he let me play once and OMG I was in heaven !!!!!