• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Beginners

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I would love to chat with anyone if you need help I am a decent guitarist. In regards to your question Ben my best advice is pick a riff that uses your pinkie and go ahead and do that riff slow. The beginning of the solo for Beast and the Harlot by Avenged would be an amazing place to start. I would just take it slow and speed it up slowly.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Ben Wong – Spend 15 minutes everyday playing without using your index finger. Scales, solos, chords. Just your 2nd, 3rd & 4th fingers. Don’t worry about sucking – because you will. lol. But you will develop your pinky in a matter of days.

Larisa Ramirez

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I am a beginner and so excited to learn. I have both an electric and an acoustic
Guitar. Using the electric for the lessons. I would love to talk to others who are new!
Does anyone have tips on tuning? I watched the beginner video on tuning, but I’m still struggling.

Todd Weber

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’m pretty new to guitar although I started “playing” a couple years ago. It was always an on/off stress reliever rather than something I put a lot of time into but I’ve recently decided to really give it a go. I’m so excited to learn from masters of the craft!

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    Larisa> I bought a KORG tuner a while back. I wanted something that can help with guitar and my clarinet. I haven’t watched the tuning video yet, but what I do is turn on the tuner, and then go one string at a time. I mostly fiddle with the pegs, turning them this way and that until I get a green light on the tuner. You can also use a keyboard or in-tune piano to tune to, as well. I think. Haha.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hi ! I’m a beginner as well ! I tried to play as a teen but didn’t have the patience for it. I’ve been playing now for about 2 months but as a mom, I sometimes don’t have time to practice every day so I expect my progress to be slow.
    I’ve mainly been working on learning chords and playing around with a few riffs. I’m excited to see I’m not the only newbie here ! I was starting to think I was the only one !

Maureen creagh

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I’m a beginner also, this school has given me the opportunity to learn alongside my children, who are 9 and 13. The 3 of us are learning together. I’m going to be seeing Papa Gates face when I close my eyes tonight I have watched to lessons that much. We are having fun and are delighted to be apart of this.