• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Custom Necks

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Dang, I didn’t realize how busy I was and how much time I had spent away. Looking forward to spending more time learning this next semester.
    ANYWAYS.
    I’m not having a lot of luck with Google so I thought I would reach out here. Does anybody know of a company that will build guitar necks to-order? I have a ’98 prototype Schecter A7 that I really love, but the neck needs a lot of TLC, to the point where I’m seriously thinking it may be worth it to simply get a new one built. I contacted Schecter already, and they don’t have any of the specs from ’98, especially since it was a prototype model. Warmoth seems to be no help either as I can’t find options for custom neck dimensions.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    You could try Nate Perle. I don’t know if he builds to order, but he does aftermarket Ibanez necks and bodies on his own milling machine. I actually just bought a custom guitar from him. While there are minor quality issues with the body and finish, the neck, stainless frets, and setup are stellar, and he makes the necks, bodies, etc. in-house. You could probably message him through his Reverb store.
    https://reverb.com/shop/perle-guitars
    I’ll be posting a video review of the new axe shortly.