• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Delay Pedal

Julian Penz

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey Folks,
I´m searching for a good Delay Effect Pedal. I know Boss Pedals are awesome, but I want to ask you first if there are some better Pedals? Hope you guys have some good suggestions. And I if you want, give me some cool Song suggestions with Delay. Thanks 😀

Tyler Koch

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hey man, are you looking for a digital or an analog delay? The newer Boss DD-500 is superb, i’ve played it quite a bit. But if you dont need all the functionality of it the DD-7 is simple and has a few extra sounds that are great. TC-Electronic also makes amazing delays for the money. If you’re looking to spend some serious dough than the Strymon Timeline is amazing, but IMO the DD-500 does a very similar job for almost half the cost. Hope that helps!

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I have a Boss DD-3 and a JHS Pink Panther Delay. The Boss is a great pedal, but the JHS Pink Panther sounds a little bit warmer and more natural to me, if that makes any sense, and you can tweak the settings more to shape your delay effect. It also has a switch to go from digital to tape, which gives you a kind of warble. I have also heard good things about the TC Electronics pedals, but haven’t played one. I would recommend watching a lot of demo videos of different delay pedals before you pick one. Nobody really criticizes anything about gear in demo videos, but at least you get an idea of what it sounds like and what you can do with it.

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a TC Transition, it’s basically a really old iteration of the current Flashback model. I love the different sounds available on the TC pedals, and TonePrint makes it even greater. Mine doesn’t have a digital delay setting, it’s all analog, so if that’s the sound you’re going for I recommend giving TC a look, but for digital I also have heard great things from Boss.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    It really depends on what you want to use it for. I mostly use it to fatten up my sound(especially in solos). Tc electronic makes some great delays(I’ve never had one but they have really good reviews). Also what do you mean by delay songs because for example these are two great delay songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2EyupH54Bs

If you want to play something a bit easier you can also pretty much play any U2 song

Synner Endless Summer Collection