• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

EARMASTER!

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I made mention of this in another post, but thought it would be a good thing to highlight for everyone here. One of the single greatest resources to improve yourself as a musician is a program called Earmaster which you can find at http://www.earmaster.com . It is literally endless exercises for hearing harmonies, practicing rhythms, understand different chords, chord structures, chord progressions, scales- everything. It’s a total music theory practice program. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend checking it out and practicing with it daily. Im willing to bet my entire bank account(and who couldnt use and extra $15?) that with consistent practice, you WILL improve immensely. Check it out!

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
It’s definitely worth the money to buy the full version! I dont know what the free version is like, and I definitely cant suggest downloading it for free on the piratebay since that’s illegal. All I can tell you is that it might be the best program out there for ALL musicians, and its an ivaluable source of knowledge and practice. It even inspires quite a bit of creativity because it has you constantly practicing in different keys and tonalities like altering the 5th in major chords. So you have to choose if the chords sounds like a standard major triad, a major b5, or a major #5 which all generally have very different applications and sounds to them. It’s definitely your choice whether it’s important enough to you or not, but in all my years of searching for different sounds and musical resources- it is the best that I’ve found.