• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Eddie Van Halen Tributes

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I may be in... Going to try my hand at - at least part of - Finish What Ya Started. It's way outside my rock and metal comfort zone.

I kinda wish I'd realized when I said this that it's all fingerpicked, but now I'm committed, so, well, come on, baby, finish what ya started...

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I’m a beginner and it’s not much, so I hope it’s enough. I was never good at arpeggios, but I figured challenging myself was the least I could do for Eddie. I hope you guys like this. I attempted the intro to Pretty Woman.

sounds great! Where's the distortion so it's Van Halen and not Roy Orbison??

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    sounds great! Where's the distortion so it's Van Halen and not Roy Orbison??
    This amp is a little sucky, so it sounds really bad if I add distortion and wanted to make sure you guys could hear my work loud and clear. I might upload a distorted version on my Marshall amp though. ;) You’ll probably love that one better! Thank you, Captain! ❤

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Went looking for the video and... umm, wow. The actual song starts at about 1:45. Holy shit, what a weird video.

Holy shit! I've never seen the video before and I kinda wish I hadn't... it's uncomfortably awkward. What the fuck were they thinking making that video haha.

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Since everyone seems to be posting progress videos, here's mine. This is a style I don't think I've ever attempted. If I did ANYTHING like this, I haven't touched it since the mid-90s, at the latest, so go easy on me. The tone is a "country twang" for a Strat that I downloaded from the Fractal AxeChange site.