• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favorite riff/solo to play?

D K

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Belgium
Hard to say, this changes all the time for me. Basically my favorite thing to play is specifically what i’m learning at that time. But something that I often play whenever I don’t know what else to do is stream of consciousness by Dream Theater (only the easy parts though lol).

J

Jak Angelescu

^The rhythm in Sidewinder makes me wanna punch everything 😂 . When I first heard it, I swear to God I about blew out my car speakers. A lot of people get gaga over lead playing but there are so many times in A7X stuff where I have no problem taking on Zacky’s role. The rhythm section for the solo in Coming Home, the rhythm in the verse for Creating God, Critical Acclaim’s verse and Sidewinder’s intro are all examples for me. I know Syn plays rhythm too but damn… Zacky’s rhythms for under the solos are SOOOO good

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    @jared – Probably sometime, I don’t know. I’ve been doing my own songs for years, and wishing I had a band going again. Now, I finally have a band going again, so that’s eating a lot of my time.
    This is a little experiment I did a few years ago. I went from “I think I’ll write something” to finished product in under a day, writing on the fly and doing minimal takes. It was fun, and I need to do something like that again, I think.
    Here’s a direct link: http://edseith.bandcamp.com/track/stream-of-unconsciousness

Synner Endless Summer Collection