• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

GIANT Blister on finger ! What to do ?!?

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Straight to the point, I have a MASSIVE blister on my fingertip, like big and fluid filled and it’s so painful I can’t even play a single note. I’ve never had one this big or painful before (but I know it’s my own damn fault for doing too much)

I can’t play anything but desperately want to. Should I pop the sucker ? My medical background obviously tells me “NO!!!!!” Lol

But, not being able to play sucks.

so, what do you guys do in this situation?

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    This happened to me recently, and it sucks! I eventually popped it and then had to build my finger callus back up through playing on a really tender feeling fingertip (it was pretty horrible haha) Maybe do a bandage like Ids said :giggle:
    Maybe I’ll try a a bandage without popping. It’s so big I’m afraid if I do pop it, it’ll be worse and possibly get infected. Thanks man !

Reactions: Chris Johnston

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I had this happen to my right plucking hand when I was building up my bass chops. I highly advise to NOT pop them and just let them heal. Its going to annoy you for a few days though the pain will go away (at least, it did for me) and after that I never had any issues with callus or anything since then! So see it as a short term pain for a long time with no pain!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Sorry couldn't help myself
    3b1b38b8cc1b25c133273788e62ea61e.jpg