• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar Playing

Daniel Martinez

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’ve been playing guitar for a little more than a year. At the moment I feel like something is blocking me from advancing to become better. I’ve been practicing every day but I just don’t feel any better. Is there any advice on anything I could do because I don’t think I am doing anything wrong

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Have you done the lessons here? I highly suggest doing a lesson every day or week depending on your schedule. They may seem silly.. but if you apply them to the back track every week or day I promise you’ll see immense improvements within weeks.

J

Jak Angelescu

We can all help you here. I agree with Calvin. Make sure you’re doing the lessons and if you have questions, just simply ask us! 🙂
There are many different reasons you could be struggling with improvement. I just learned yesterday the type of string I was using and my action on my guitar was making me fight my strings constantly. Having clean, new strings will make playing itself a lot easier. Are you doing finger warmups, technique exercises, etc? Are you constantly practicing the same stuff or are you challenging yourself? What’s your practice method like?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Renne Haapanen

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Finland
bit.ly
Yo.
Typical feeling. It’s actually a very healthy feeling that we all should feel. It keeps us wanting to get better.
You need to find something to interest you.
-Listen to a lot of different music
-Watch live videos of your favorite songs
-Learn a cool solo/lick
-Do some lessons on this page
There are many videos on Youtube talking about the feeling of being stuck on guitar, look some up.
Here is a thing that I like to do whenever I’m bored:
Play what you sing (don’t just play using the bland safe boxes).
1. Play a chord
2. Hum a 3 second melody that pops to your head
3. Play the melody on your guitar by ear (don’t compromise, play the exact melody)
Hope you find some interests. Remember; this feeling is meant to be.