• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guitar Syn used in A7X early days?

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
Has Syn always been a Schechter player? There is plenty of proof of him playing those even way back in the early days. I do believe he also used Les Paul’s and ESP’s as well, though I might be wrong. Anyone got any idea what he used early on?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I think back he used a Gibson les Paul in the early days(the white one in the unholy confessions music video) but they also have been using Schecter since the beginning. Right now they use a bunch of guitars in the studio

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
I thought you meant the guitar he toured with. I’m not sure where that guitar is. That one you’re talking about has the confederate flag. I’m not sure about American history but I suspect some people may be offended by this flag. I heard something about that. I even remember him having a guitar with the german flag on MTV that one looked cool. Correct me if I am wrong I think I heard somewhere that Syn’s mom was half german or german or something like that, hence the german flag guitar, but I could be wrong.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
There was something said about him not using the flagged guitars again. Theres 2 of them actually. As shown in the making of doc.
I believe syn has many different models out there with different set ups for different things etc. Not sure if hisnsigs have the same set ups or of they are all defaulted but that could be something to look into.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
His Ibanez and Parker Fly were the two he used for the first 2 albums. Actually, the first time he EVER used a Les Paul was for the video shoot of Unholy. It was supposed to be only for the shoot, but he he liked it so much, he bought it. Shortly after that, he became a Schecter endorsee - and the rest, as they say - is history.

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
His Ibanez and Parker Fly were the two he used for the first 2 albums. Actually, the first time he EVER used a Les Paul was for the video shoot of Unholy. It was supposed to be only for the shoot, but he he liked it so much, he bought it. Shortly after that, he became a Schecter endorsee - and the rest, as they say - is history.
Thanks Papa Syn. The tone of the leads on those first albums are great.