• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello everyone!

lalolb

Campfire Attention Holder
Jan 1, 2020
My name is Luis, I'm from Mexico and I'm 26 years old.

I started to play the guitar since I was 15-16... Sadly, I do not play like someone who has been playing for 10 years :( I stopped playing around 5 years ago due to the university and other personal matters.

And after 5 years here I am. Learning (almost) from scratch and going back to something that once made me happy!
This time I want to do things right and learn basic music theory, do exercises instead of just learning songs and actually practice with a metronome 😅

Syn is one of my favorite guitarists so it feels really nice to be here.

See you around! 🤘

Donovan Etue

• Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Welcome to the school Luis! Glad to have you here! It's good to hear you have decided to pick up the guitar once again. Like Calvin said start out from the very beginning to setup a solid foundation for your playing. Once you get through a few lessons and pick up a couple of riffs your muscle memory may kick back in and you'll be back to where you were when you set the guitar down in no time! If you have any questions feel free to ask away! This is by far the friendliest and possibly the most helpful forum I've come across.

Reactions: lalolb

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Welcome to the Family!
    I totally know that Feeling! I've been playing since almost five years and I could be soo much better by now.
    BUT If you really want it you found the perfect Plattform to improve immensly!

My Tip: start from lesson one and Spend some time with each, maybe make a Video about some Lessons and how you apply them and ask questions. This is an amazing community and getting Feedback is an important aspect of improving :)

Reactions: lalolb
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

lalolb

Jan 1, 2020
    I started the beginner lessons yesterday and I already learned a couple of things from
    Start straight from lesson 1

I bet by the time you hit the caged system lessons you'll be back in the groove
    Welcome to the school Luis! Glad to have you here! It's good to hear you have decided to pick up the guitar once again. Like Calvin said start out from the very beginning to setup a solid foundation for your playing. Once you get through a few lessons and pick up a couple of riffs your muscle memory may kick back in and you'll be back to where you were when you set the guitar down in no time! If you have any questions feel free to ask away! This is by far the friendliest and possibly the most helpful forum I've come across.
    Welcome to the Family!
    I totally know that Feeling! I've been playing since almost five years and I could be soo much better by now.
    BUT If you really want it you found the perfect Plattform to improve immensly!

My Tip: start from lesson one and Spend some time with each, maybe make a Video about some Lessons and how you apply them and ask questions. This is an amazing community and getting Feedback is an important aspect of improving :)

Yesterday I started the beginner's lessons and since my theory knowledge is not that great I'm actually learning a lot :3

Welcome Luis!

What do you already know?

Talking about music theory... I only know some major and pentatonic scales. I also learned how to build chords but never practiced it.

About guitar technique, I think I have most of the beginner/intermediate stuff covered. Things like palm muting, alternate picking, hammer-ons, pull-offs, bends, pinch harmonics, etc. I never got into advanced stuff like tapping and/or sweep picking.