• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hey Guys! Could I Get Some Feedback on My Nightmare Solo?

J

Jak Angelescu

I’m only posting this here to get feedback 🙂 I worked super hard on learning this and I think I got it! It’s only at 80% speed because the new parts I learned are a little tricky for me. It’s not perfect, but I’m just putting it out there to see if you guys think it’s accurate at all.
Total Clocked Time for Entire Song: 19 hours!!!
Thank you SO much everyone!!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
J

Jak Angelescu

@Ed You know what’s funny? I can actually play that sweep better standing up. I don’t know why but it’s like my left hand falls more naturally in place. But I agree it’s really tricky! It’s almost a lucky shot when I get it and I really need to make sure I practice it more because I flubbed it in this video
@kevin I don’t have any pedals that I work with right now. I’m pretty much a straight into the amp kind of girl for the most part. I had my settings set on less gain and hardly any Reverb for a reason 🙂. I didn’t want my sound to be masked by anything. Because of this, Dylan was able to hear and comment that I needed to connect my runs a lot better. He wrote it on my YouTube video and I really appreciated the feedback. I wanted my sound to be as virginal as possible so people could hear it more clearly and where I needed to fix things. But I’ll remember that tip for sure! I don’t know a lot about pedals. Thank you!
@juan thank you so much! Are you talking about that little quick half step Bend I do twice around the 52 to 53 second mark? If that’s what you’re talking about it’s something that I actually heard when I slowed it down really slow. Not entirely sure if he is playing it there but that’s what it sounded like to me 🙂
Thank you so much for the feedback everyone!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
G

I watched this a few times and I cannot fault it. Your vibrato is shit hot, the sweeps are clean and the bends are really accurate. There may have been a slip up on the tremolo section near the end, but I only noticed it cause’ I watched it about 6 times to really listen. I wouldn’t have noticed it otherwise! I do hope Syn or PG create a lesson for wicked vibrato and bending at some point (Unless they have and I have missed it completely). Maybe you should do a lesson on different virbatos??

J

Jak Angelescu

Thank you so much, Andrew, Ben and Kim!
@ben I did have a lesson I did on vibratos, how to do them, why they’re important, etc. But I think it may have gotten gobbled up by the Great Hacker Heist of 2018. I do have some other tidbits I could add now for sure! I’ll consider it!