• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hi everyone, I'm new

Karen Dunson

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Been lurking, but thought I should probably say hi. I picked up the guitar about three weeks ago. My son had to be home schooled due to anaphylactic food allergies, and he gets really tired of doing things by himself. So when he decided he wanted to learn a rock instrument I agreed to do it with him. I chose drums. He chose guitar. A few weeks in he was ready to give up and asked if we could switch. I didn’t want him to quit so I agreed. It’s hard, and I’m struggling, but I can’t put the damn thing down, so I guess I have that going for me. Anyway, nice to meet you all, seems like a really great group, and the lessons are really top notch. Glad to be here!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Welcome, nice to have you here!
    It is really frustrating in the beginning if you have a goal in mind. That is why I think it is important to learn some small, easy licks that people reckognize and make you see some progress. For example, one of the first things I learned to play was the intro to “otherside” by red hot chilli peppers.

J

Jak Angelescu

OMG! YOU’RE KAREN DUNSON! I woke up with the sweetest donation on my GoFundMe page for my album and I was like, “Wait a minute? Who is this? I don’t know how to contact her personally to thank her!” Thank you so much! It really means the world!
    So freaking glad to have you here, Karen! You already sound like you’re going to make some HUGE growth in little time! If you are having any issues with the lessons, I have a series on YouTube called “Milking the Lessons” that caps on the lessons here. It troubleshoots some things people struggle with, gives encouragement, along with practice and application techniques. And as always, you can write your questions here 🙂 I look forward to your progress, my dear friend!

Karen Dunson

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Thank you, Jak. You’re quite welcome, but really it wasn’t much. I’ll try to hit it up again after Christmas. Right now I’m laughing hysterically because I typed in “Milking the lessons” on YouTube and it gave me all kinds of lessons on milking cows. Might need you to give me that link, please. Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I’ll try to be more active about seeking help and pitching in where I can. Thanks again!

J

Jak Angelescu

OMFG I CAN’T BREATHE 🤣🤣🤣🤣 You’re all like, “I’m in for an eventful afternoon.” 🤣🤣🤣You have no idea how hard I am laughing right now! I had to tell by singer said we are literally both red-faced and in tears!
    They are public on my YouTube channel and I will get you the link and post it here for you. And don’t worry about the amount of the donation. It helped more than you know!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

@karen Hey Karen! I’m trying to send you a video for your donation and I can’t message you on here, nor do I have your FB, Instagram, Twitter or Email. If you’d like to see it, please email me at [email protected] and I’ll send it to you. thank you SO much again!

Karen Dunson

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    @jak, sorry, my computer has been offline because I’m painting my office. I saw the video you posted, if that’s the same one. Can’t help feeling that song is going to be epic. I can’t wait to hear it. It won’t let me add my facebook to my profile. I hope this posts. This laptop is really wonky.

Synner Endless Summer Collection