• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How Is Everyone Doing?

Kai C

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Naha Okinawa
Hi Jak. Congratulations on the scholarship! I really like that you posted something like this for people to just talk instead of solely driving a conversation about a topic. I’ve also noticed the forums slowing down but I haven’t done anything to help either, I really don’t think I have anything to contribute since I’m almost 100% in the learning phase and don’t have anything to record with.
I hit my 4 months of guitar playing and am up to about 1-3 hours a day of playing, but not really anything regimented. I took your advice from Papa Gates in your earlier post to heart and have been playing how I want. It’s what keeps me going and this has become my most consuming hobby now. About done with the Beginner section of the tutorials but have slowed down recently to practice what PG talks about or read further into the theory. I think it was one of Syn’s vids with Rick Beato, if I recall correctly, they’re talking about keeping in mind your own personal milestones to note your progress. For me I’m definitely happiest with getting better at chord changes and getting barres down better. It’s the little things.
Hope everyone else reading this post is doing awesome!

Gabriel Perez

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    open.spotify.com
    If I’m going to be honest, not too well. But in terms of music I am striving and I love it. I’m not the fastest shredder at all. I completely changed that goal. But now I stick to playing from the heart. I am being classically trained in composition and music theory at a college. It’s so fun. I struggle with mental illness but being able to say that I’m doing what I love for a living is probably one of the best things I have in my life right now. Guitar is both a coping mechanism and a passion.
    Also, I have a few guitars but my main weapon is a Snow White Jackson JS-22 Dinky. I installed a set of Invaders to replace the stock pickups, I replaced the pots and switches with a Mad Hatter Terminator Tone Shaping System. Easily the most versatile guitar I have in my arsenal and it sounds aggressive with overdrive/distortion turned up. But that’s what’s going on with me.

Kati E

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey hi hello! Its so awesome of you to post something like this to get people talking. I love reading through and seeing people willing to just talk. Makes me feel like I could actually jump into something and contribute to a conversation xD I’m too noobish to have any meaningful talk about guitar stuff yet, and most of the time I feel lost.
    Lately I’ve had a creative explosion. I’ve been writing more and even have something set up for NANO next month. I’ve been working on graphic design, expanding my portfolio to hopefully use for commissions and job applying down the road. I’ve been looking at the guitar sitting upstairs and today I decided to finally break it out and learn to play. I’ve wanted to for years, but I’ve never had the motivation to, or the resources like this where someones literally spoon feeding me guitar lessons. I can’t wait to start playing some of my favorite songs!